Wash & Go Curls With DevaCurl
This is a partnered post with DevaCurl, however all opinions in this post are 100% my own.
I'm back with another curly hair post! This time I've partnered with DevaCurl to bring you three back to back posts each with a different curly girl hairstyle featuring all of my fav DevaCurl products. I've been using DevaCurl since I decided to start my natural hair journey in 2016, so I'm not gonna lie, I'm fangirling a bit that I'm able to write these posts for you guys!
For any of you that don't know, a wash & go is exactly what it sounds like. You wash your hair, put a styling product in it, and get on with your day! This is my preferred hairstyle and what I do 9 times out of 10.
What I used:
- No-Poo Conditioning Cleanser
- One Condition
- Melt Into Moisture Conditioning Mask
- SuperCream Styler
- Using the No-Poo I focus on cleansing my scalp & add a small amount to the length of my hair to get rid of excess build up. Rinse & Condition as normal.
- After my shower I scrunch some of the excess water out of my hair & apply the Melt into Moisture Conditioning Mask. I cover my hair in plastic wrap to keep the moisture in for about 30 minutes while the mask is on my hair. If you've never wrapped your head in plastic wrap before, it's a super sexy look, take my word for it. ;)
- After I rinse the mask out, I flip my head upside down & use the SuperCream styler. I tend to rake and then scrunch it into my hair. I also will use a towel to scrunch out excess water before air drying.
- Most importantly, I DO NOT touch my curls while they are air drying. If I fiddle with them too much they get angry and tend to frizz to spite me.
I feel like I should probably state this now: I don't shampoo my hair. I opt for co-washing (conditioner only washing) with cleansing conditioners, like the No-Poo. It cleans my scalp without drying out my hair like normal sulfate shampoos do. The key to curly hair is making sure you have enough moisture in the products you're using to help prevent frizz. Conditioners and deep conditioning are basically my best friends for that reason. Ideally I would deep condition at least once a week, but honestly life happens and that's not always the case. When I do manage to use the Melt Into Moisture Mask it leaves my hair soooo soft and bouncy and is the perfect base to a great wash & go. The final step to my everyday hair is adding my all time favorite curly styler, SuperCream! This stuff is pure magic in a bottle. I can actually run my fingers through my curls without yanking at knots..who knew that was possible?!
And there ya have it folks, my everyday wash & go routine! Stay tuned tomorrow for a super fun & quirky half up style with more of my favorite DevaCurl products.