Twist & Braid With DevaCurl
This is a partnered post with DevaCurl, however all opinions in this post are 100% my own.
It's my last look with DevaCurl and it's all about the braids! Now, I'm not the best braider in town. I can barely even French braid. I usually have to pull my hair out at least 3 times before I get something I can go out in public with. To avoid that frustration I've come up with what I like to call the Twist & Braid. It's such a cute hairstyle for festivals & the best part is it's so easy even I can do it!
What I used:
- No-Poo Conditioning Cleanser
- One Condition
- Ultra Defining Gel
- 2 mini clear rubber hair ties
- 2 bobby pins
I made a stop motion of this process on my Instagram. Go to the Hair section of my highlights to view it!
- Cleanse & Condition my hair with No-Poo & One Condition.
- Once I'm out of the shower I flip my head upside down & rake the Ultra Defining Gel into my hair. Then I scrunch out any excess water with a towel.
- When my hair has fully air dried, I part my hair. I like to part the front on the side to give a bit of extra volume and I part the back down the middle for even braids.
- I use the tail end of my eyebrow as a guide for where to section off my first twist. And you guessed it, then I twist that section towards the back of my head and secure it with a bobby pin. Repeat on other side.
- Then I take the remaining hair on each side and braid it. I like to braid in the ends of the twists so there aren't any weird tails hanging about. I also prefer to leave a few inches of the braids unfinished so the ends are curly.
Was that simple or what?! I really hope you guys have enjoyed all of my favorite curly hairstyles in partnership with DevaCurl. I had such a great time coming up with these for you. I hope you try out the hairstyles & try out all of my fav DevaCurl products. Their products really do wonders for your curls and everything smells so darn good too!